Nice Threads Fiber Studio
Black Mountain, NC 28711
The 9th Annual
Anything Fiber Sale
June 10th, 2017, 10am - 2pm,
at Warren Wilson College, DeVries Gymnasium
About the Anything Fiber Sale
The Anything Fiber Sale is a yard sale for fiber people. All fiber people have hanks and cones of unused yarns, piles of unloved fabric, obscure tools that we forgot we had, looms that need a new home, duplicates of knitting needles, fleece that doesn't seem to get spun... right? So, come to buy all the unloved and unused materials and tools that local fiber artists are ready to part with. It's also a great way to connect with guilds and groups in the area and network with like-minded fiber people.
Back at Warren Wilson!
This year, we are returning to Warren Wilson College, in their DeVries Gymnasium. Warren Wilson has a beautiful campus and is well known for their community service and farm programs. It is located in Swannanoa, just 10 minutes to the east of Asheville, with good signage on I-40 and Highway 70 and easily found by the public. The gym also has a large, level parking lot at the entrance so Buyers will have no problems carrying their new-bought treasures back to the car.
MUCH Earlier Date!
We are trying out an earlier date to avoid the heat. June 10th is just after Warren Wilson lets out but before the summer really gets going. Hope you approve!
2017 Seller Information
The seller space size is 10'x10' again this year. We will have plenty of 6 ft tables to rent as an option. Our selling space fee is the same as last year, $26, and we're hoping for another full house! See the sellers guidelines below for more information.
Anything Fiber Sale is sponsored by Nice Threads Fiber Studio and Local Cloth
Like the Anything Fiber Sale Facebook page for instant updates - Facebook.com/AnythingFiberSale
Register as a Seller online below. Be sure to read Guidelines for Sellers first.
You can also download a registration form here and mail it in with a check.
Guidelines for Sellers
Admission is free for buyers. But if you are renting a selling space, then please abide by these guidelines.
- You must rent a selling space to participate as a Seller. The spaces are $26. Renting only a table will not get you a space in the Sale.
- Two or more people can share a space. Just make one reservation per group if you are sharing.
- You can bring your own table or you can rent one or more 6' tables from us for the event. Rented tables will be set up in your space when you arrive and will be broken down and returned by us. The deadline for renting tables is June 5th. After that date, you will have to bring your own table.
- Last year we filled the gym to capacity with Sellers and had to go to a waiting list in the last weeks. Therefore, please register early! Check the Facebook page or the Registration page to get an updated status on availability.
- Tables, looms and wheels must fit into your 10' x 10' space. With the larger booth space, you should have plenty of room to keep your goods out of the walkway.
- Load-in will be from 7:30am til 9:45am. Please do not try to load-in after 10am.
- If you volunteer to help with setting up the Sale floor on Friday after noon (4pm - 6pm) you will have the opportunity to load in early. We will also need volunteers to break down and clean up after the Sale - thanks for your help!
- Yard sale-type and previously owned goods only! Please, no finished goods unless they are appropriate to use in other fiber techniques (i.e., hand-spun yarns, dyed yardage). Please, no resellers, unless you are willing to sell at Yard Sale prices.
- Cancellation deadline with refund: (minus charge fees if applicable) June 2nd. No refunds after that date.
- You are expected to remove all your sale goods by the end of the day. Please do not leave items that don't sell.
You will receive more information in your confirmation email and just before the event, If you have any questions about these guidelines in the meantime, please email us at email@example.com or call 828-581-4664.
Keep updated by Liking the Anything Fiber Sale Facebook page. Even folks on the mailing list will be finding out the news later than those who are following us on Facebook, so word to the wise!
Get on our mailing list here. Reminder emails will go out in mid March and end of May.
Reserve 10' x 10' selling booth(s) - $26 each
Rent 6' table(s) - $10.00 each
|Updated Wednesday, March 1, 2017